Arctic Ultraflex Blue® Extreme Power Cord (-70° to 105°C)
Bring it on! Arctic Ultraflex Blue® excels even in the extreme cold of Antarctica
Arctic Ultraflex Blue®
Extreme Power Cord was originally developed for use in the University of Wisconsin-Madison IceCube Project in Antarctica, and has been tested and used successfully for over a decade by Raytheon, Great Beyond, VECO Polar Resources, and many other companies operating in Antarctica as well. AUFB Extreme Power Cord is ideally suited for temperatures as low as -70°C. The tough, flexible jacket and finely stranded copper conductors give our cord superior durability and workability in even the harshest conditions.
Arctic Ultraflex Blue® Extreme Power Cord has excellent abrasion and cut resistance, and withstands exposure to ozone, sunlight, and water. It is lightweight, long-lasting, and easy to handle.
Arctic Ultraflex Blue® Extreme Power Cord features color coded conductors for easy identification, and water- and mold-resistant non-wicking polypropylene fillers. Our wire is environmentally friendly as well; all components are recyclable and non-hazardous for safe landfill disposal.
Jacket Color: Light Blue or Black
Conductors: 8 through 2 AWG Stranded Bare Copper
Conductor Colors: 2/C black, white; 3/C black, white, and green; 4/C black, white, red, and green; 5/C black, white, red, green, and orange.
Sample Legend: ARCTIC Ultraflex BLUE 4-4 SEOOW 600V 105°C (-70°C) WATER-RESISTANT P-241-3-MSHA
Working With the Code
Flexible cords and cables, as permitted by NEC, Article 400, are available at Polar Wire for temporary installation of generators and construction power distribution.
Polar Wire Products, Inc. is the exclusive manufacturer
of Arctic Ultraflex Blue® Extreme Power Cord
- Flexible, tough jacket
- Works well in temperature extremes of -70°C to 105°C
- Color coded conductors for easy identification
- Excellent abrasion and cut resistance
- Ozone, sunlight, and water resistant with high dielectric insulation
- Water and mold resistant non-wicking polypropylene fillers
- Lightweight, long lasting, easy to carry and handle
- All components are recyclable and non-hazardous for environmental landfill disposal
- Manufactured exclusively by Polar Wire Products
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
- Uses requiring flexibility and mechanical toughness, high environmental resistance and flame retardance
- Suitable and approved for submersion in water
- On and offshore drilling
- Construction, industry, research
- Mining and outdoor applications
- Dockside power applications
- Industrial control and robotic systems and equipment
- Motor control, lighting, push button remote controls
- Portable power, mobile power
- Extreme power cording
- Federal and Military use under Federal Specification JC-580B
- Manufactured to UL SEOOW 600V and CSA certified STOOW (TPE)
- MSHA approval for flame resistance and mining applications
Arctic Ultraflex Blue®
- Extreme Power Cord
Arctic Superflex Blue®
Wire and Cable